Microblading Precare & Aftercare
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen) 48 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding
- Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it.
- Brow waxing/shaping and tinting should be completed 2-3 days in advance.
- Cosmetic botox/fillers should be completed 2 weeks in advance.
- When you get home remove the protective layer of ointment with a disposable clean paper towel with lukewarm water.
- Keep dry for 2 days, we recommend bathing instead of showers.
- We recommend washing the tattooed area gently 2-3 times a day with lukewarm water and a disposable paper towel. Apply a THIN layer of the moisturizing cream for 2 weeks when dry. Keep it out of the sun throughout the healing process. Do not apply ANY cosmetics in this area and avoid sweating for AT LEAST 10-14 days. Keep the area clean and let it breathe!
During the healing process PLEASE DO NOT:
- Apply any brow makeup for 2 weeks.
- Scratch or remove scabs, dry skin/flakiness.
- Apply direct water on the brow tattoo and the use of cleansers, soaps and heavy creams. Wash around the areas using a cleaning cloth or oil-free makeup wipe.
- Use Vaseline, Neosporin and any other petroleum based products.
- Engage in activities that will cause sweating for 10 days.
- Use swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.
- Come in contact with UV exposure (including tanning booths).
- Use laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment.
- Use exfoliants, retinol acids or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- Receive massages, facials or skin treatments.
What to expect
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength. At the 6 week point your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
For best results
- Microblading normally last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type & aftercare.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- Additional brow makeup may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.